Students participating in the Summer Biomedical Training Program at UMBC gain outstanding research experience working alongside faculty at the cutting edge of their field respective fields.
Examples of past research internships include explorations of how virtual reality might assist in pain reduction, genome packaging of Rous Sarcoma Virus, protein–protein interactions involved in HIV-1 assembly, and the investigation of the influence of surface texture on joint replacement materials.
Participating departments include:
- Biological Sciences and Molecular and Cellular Biology (UMBC)
- Chemistry and Biochemistry (UMBC)
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute (UMBC)
- Mechanical Engineering (UMBC)
- Chemical, Biochemical and Environmental Engineering (UMBC)
- Physics (UMBC)
- Psychology (UMBC)