The Summer Biomedical Training Program at UMBC is an exciting opportunity for undergraduate students, particularly those underrepresented in the field, to take part in meaningful biomedical research summer internship while attending graduate-level workshops and seminars and earning a summer stipend.
Students who are interested in participating in the program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Interest in pursuing a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. in the biomedical or behavioral sciences
- Completion of Freshman or junior year undergraduate studies
- GPA of 3.0 or above
The following information must be received by March 1, 2016
- Completed application form
- One (1) official copy of your transcript
- Two (2) official letters of recommendation submitted by recommenders directly to the program (link to recommendation form not working)
- Personal statement (one page) including past research experience and future goals
Students may also apply to participate in the SBTP at UMBC through The Leadership Alliance The Leadership Alliance Application deadline is February 1.
Application materials should be sent to:
Summer Biomedical Training Program
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
1000 Hilltop Circle, Chemistry 110
Baltimore, Maryland 21250
Please contact the Program Coordinator Justine Johnson with questions.